X - CLOSE THIS WINDOW
PRINT THIS RECIPE
(Serves 4-6, makes 6 Cakes medium size)
1 can (14.5 oz.) cooked boneless salmon fillet
1 egg, beaten
Juice from one lemon
4 TBSP fresh dill, chopped
3 TBSP horseradish sauce
0.25 cup 4C® Plain Bread Crumbs
1 cup 4C® Plain Bread Crumbs
2 TBSP butter
2 TBSP fresh dill, chopped
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Mash the salmon in a large bowl with the egg, lemon juice, dill, horseradish, and 4C® Plain Bread Crumbs.
2. Add salt and pepper to taste. I added no salt because the canned salmon was already pretty salty.
Bread Crumb Coating
1. Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat until just foamy.
2. Add the 4C® Plain Bread Crumbs, dill, and some salt and pepper.
3. Fry until toasted and golden brown.
4. Tip out on a plate lined with paper towels to let the extra grease drain away.
1. Heat a small amount of olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
2. Form small patties of the salmon mixture in your palms, and roll in the 4C® Plain Bread Crumbs until well coated.
3. Pan fry until crispy and heated through - about five minutes - flipping halfway through. Eat while hot - good crisped up the next day, too.